Blue Eyes | Teen Ink

Blue Eyes

By Kayla Heier SILVER, Colgate, Wisconsin
Kayla Heier SILVER, Colgate, Wisconsin

Everybody in the family has the same piercing blue eyes. My grandfather has blue eyes, my dad has blue eyes, and my little sister has blue eyes. All the same bright magnificent blue eyes my family is so proud of.

“Where’d you get those blue eyes?” Dad smiles wildly in my direction.
“From you silly.”
“Oh yeah.” His smile to my amazement, grows larger though he has heard this as many times as there are stars speckled in the sky.

If you stare long enough into his eyes, it feels like a gravitational force is pushing you to jump into my pool of blue ice. As blue as the shores of the Bahamas, they send arctic chills down your spine. A black stone being released into a pool of brilliant blue. As the stone splashing into the clear blue waters white waves emerge and create the eyes that have stared at me all my years. The eyes that I have grown up with, the eyes that have watched me grow up. I hope they follow me where ever I shall go and maybe someday my eyes will be passed on to another, another that will stare into my ocean shore blue eyes and be comforted by the splash they make.