About the Author | Teen Ink

About the Author

By Mackenzie Morrison SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Mackenzie Morrison SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Starting when she was a mere 8 years old, Mackenzie M. loved to write. She wrote of the latest recess drama or of the schools happenings. She wasn’t the best at putting her ideas together logically, but always seemed to somehow get her point across. She was, on occasion, commended for her writing, and in seventh grade was even invited to share her talent at a writer’s convention at the Milwaukee Art Museum. Here, she used the surrounding art as an inspiration to write a story of her trip to the Grand Canyon. The piece was soon published in a book of similar aged writers. Although this was the only time commended for her work, she continues to receive self gratification through writing. She loves writing of past experiences and often times gathers inspiration from music or news stories.

When given a task to write, she seems to put it off until the very end. Often times, she will be found in the testing center during the lunch period before class, struggling to whip out that “A+” paper. She always seems to produce some sort of substance to turn in, whether it’s her best work or not. At times, she gets in a writing mood. When she finds herself in this mood, she gathers a stack of blankets, some Coldplay, her laptop, and a comfortable couch, and types away. Although often distracted by outside influences, she always seems to complete the task at hand.