Why you should like Jamaican Food? | Teen Ink

Why you should like Jamaican Food?

May 19, 2009
By Danielle Mckoy BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
Danielle Mckoy BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I think you would enjoy Jamaican food because it is the greatest. The food techniques and different seasonings make the food very unique and tasty. One of the dishes that they make that I like is the curry chicken, rice and beans, and cabbage. It’s something traditional in their land. The spices make it delectable and you can’t get enough of it. I can’t wait to tell you more.

Another dish that I would recommend is a beef patty with cocoa bread. Even though it looks like your going to be hungry afterwards you really are going to be full up to your throat. The cocoa bread is what makes the beef patty irresistible. The coca bread is sweet and soft and makes it fulfill your stomach. I am telling you know when I am through you are going to want some Jamaican food.


If you don’t really like meat a whole lot or you are vegetarian then they having something special for you. It is called the Vegetable Rundown. It is filled with different vegetables with just the right seasoning to make your mouth want more. One bite and your mouth will start to water. I know I have tried it when I wasn’t in the mood for meat. You also have a lot of energy when you’re done. Have you started your craving for Jamaican food yet? If not you will soon.


I have one more to give you and it is called jerk fish. It is the same think as jerk chicken except it is fish. This is something special if you know what I mean. The sauce for the fish really makes it unique. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. It is served with rice and beans and a side of your choice. I know you are craving it now.


There are a lot of different varieties for your kind. They have seafood, chicken, turkey, goat, vegetables, and much more. All you do is have to go and try something that you know, after you eat it, will like. Now get up and go try some Jamaican Food. I am sure you will like it. Just look at it at the bottom of the page. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!