The Best Eever | Teen Ink

The Best Eever

By Taylot Walker - Smith BRONZE, Mableton, Georgia
Taylot Walker - Smith BRONZE, Mableton, Georgia

THE BEST EVER

Michael Jordan, every one knows who that is, right. He is the best basketball player who ever played basketball. Even though it is not as good as getting 100 points in one game like Wilt Chamberlin, he still is better. Michael Jordan went to the University of North Carolina. Michael Jordan was named freshman of the year and won many NCAA Championships there.

Michael Jordan went to the NBA in 1984 where he was drafted by the Chicago Bulls. Michael Jordan was the first player to ever get a three peat for the NBA Championship. Michael Jordan also won 3 MVP awards in three years. Michael Jordan retired for the first time in 1993 and went to play baseball for the Chicago White Sox.

Michael Jordan came back to the NBA in 1993 and got another three peat. Michael Jordan retired again in 1999 and just enjoyed him self. In 2000 Jordan returned to the NBA, but not as a player, but as President for the Basketball Operations for the Washington Wizards.

On September 25, 2001 Jordan returned to the NBA as a player for the Washington Wizards to donate his salary for the 9/11 attacks. Michael Jordan tore a cartilage in his right knee during the 2001 – 2002 seasons and played his last season in 2003 then retired for the last time. This time Jordan did not come back and enjoyed his retirement. Jordan is part owner of the Charlotte Bobcats.

Jordan has just been enshrined in to the basketball Hall of Fame in 2009. He has won many awards and that is why he is the best ever.