Our Eyes | Teen Ink

Our Eyes

By Alyssa Deprez GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Alyssa Deprez GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

The deep brown chestnut versus the blue of the ocean is the natural color of the Deprez eyes. My sisters’ eyes are pale like a baby’s nursery, simple yet breathtaking. And my mom, her eyes are persistent. They see what they want when they want. My dad’s eyes are rich like chocolate. The color of his glasses brings out the deep ring of brown around the pupil. Phyllis’s eyes are like the leaves of a tree at its peak.

But my eyes, my eyes like solid marbles, like little round Rolos rich like chocolate like my dad’s. The gaze of my stare is so sweet that you are mesmerized and pulled into the swirl deep into the center. The sweetness you see, and the feeling you get in the pit of your stomach. The sweetness you can taste as you get lost in the world I see.

Although the family’s eyes are different, each takes you on a different adventure. When you look deep into them you are taken places you never imagined. Each its own wild ride, unexplainable like love.

on May. 27 2009 at 2:00 am
TheRealAriel1995 PLATINUM, Highland Village, Texas

"See in what peace a Christian can die." - Joseph Addison
"How come everyone will come to your funeral, but nobody will come see you when you are living?"

That's really well written! Check out my stuff to plz! Keep it up!