think about it | Teen Ink

think about it

By jamar hayes BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
jamar hayes BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

Think About it

It all started when the new kid Bob come and tried out for the football team. I was the captain of the team. When Bob started running plays it was like he was pro. He ran in the wide receiver spot. The coach was amazed! Bob had taken Jim’s spot the first day! I thought that he was an amazing player. It seemed almost too good to be true

The next day the football team was in the locker room changing for practice. As we were leaving the locker room, Bob was coming in. I remembered that I had forgotten my mouthpiece and went back in. I saw Bob with a needle in his forearm shooting up with a needle. I didn’t know what it was. As soon as he saw me, he throws me into the locker.
“Don’t tell any one I’m taking steroids,” Bob shouted in my face.
“I don’t care!” I said, “But by you taking them you can get our team kicked out of the tournament. And if you do that, the school isn’t going to be too happy about it. We are the best high school team in the city,” I said as I yanked away from him.

“So maybe you should stop! Before you get hurt,” I snapped back at him.

“H*ll naw! Tomorrow is game day and I need more,” Bob said.

“If you keep doing it something bad will happen.”

The next day at the game it’s was all tied up and Bob went deep. I threw the ball to him. As he went for the pass I saw his body start to shake. But he got the touchdown. A few seconds later, he grabbed his chest and then fell to the ground. The whole time Bob’s heart was hurting he just thought it was heart burn but it was the start of the steroids affecting him. The team watched to see if he would get up, but he didn’t. They took him to the hospital and the coach and I went too. As the doctor was looking at him I went to talk to the coach
“Coach I need to talk to you!’
“About what James?” said coach
“It’s about Bob,” I said.
“What is it?”
“Bob has been taking steroids”
“How long did you know, and why didn’t you tell me sooner James!” he said exasperated.
“I’m sorry coach I didn’t know what to do.”
“Now I know. I’m glad you told me, but I wish you had told me sooner,” coach said.

When the doctor came out of Bob’s room the coach went in and talked to Bob then he came out. I went in to talk to Bob to see if he was ok.
“Wad up Bob.”
“Sup”
“you feeling ok.”
“Ya, I guess so.”
“So you still going to do steroids?”
“H*ll yeah I’m done with steroids”
“Look I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you the first time!” Bob said
“Its cool I’m just happy you are ok”
“You coming to school Monday”
“James I just wanted to say thank you”
“Aight,” James replied leaving the hospital room.

The next day at school I saw Bob he was walking down the hall. He came up to me and said
“Thank you again, I really owe you one I should have listen to you”

Tashan SILVER said...
on May. 27 2009 at 7:47 pm
Tashan SILVER, Ponderay, Idaho
It is a good story with a strong ending, but it does need edited a little. (I hate criticizing, but if no one doe's then how are we ever going to improve?) feel free to criticize mine! :D