BIG JOHN

BIG JOHN

I call him big john.
If you were to look at my foster dad you would see the kindest & smartest man I know. You would see a man, who taught me things I never knew about, before I met him, a man who loves his family & friends unconditionally, But what you wouldn’t see was something inside waiting to be found, it was a clogged artery.

It all started two Wednesdays ago when my foster dad went in for a routine checkup on his heart, that day after school my mom told me that my dad was going to be taken to Wheeling Medical Center and he would have to have surgery on the upcoming Friday, we were all worried.

That night I wondered what would happen. Thursday came & I found out that I would be staying with a family from Friday until Sunday, Sunday night I got back home & found out my dad was ok & doing fine.

A couple days later my mom had to rush to the hospital because my dads’ kidney shut down & he was retaining water. I think it was either Monday or Tuesday morning when my mom got a call from the hospital telling her to come in because my dad was hallucinating because of the medicine he was on and he thought they were going to operate on his arm.

It has now been about two weeks after his surgery and we are awaiting his arrival at home.