trip to phladelphia | Teen Ink

trip to phladelphia

By Sean Breslin BRONZE, Anchorage, Alaska
Sean Breslin BRONZE, Anchorage, Alaska

Trip to Philadelphia

Our family vacation to Philadelphia did not start out uneventful, on the plane ride there I got sick and of course my toothbrush was in my luggage and not in my carryon. So I had to wait to brush my teeth until we got our luggage. Once we arrived in Philly and finally got our luggage 2 hours after we landed I was finally able to brush my teeth.

My Dad had called her from the airport to tell her we arrived safely but we were waiting to pick up the rental car. We had to take a shuttle bus to pick up our rental car, and then drive to my Grandma’s house about 45 minutes from the airport. Once we got the rental car we were disappointed because it didn’t have a lot of leg room. I am the oldest of three children and had to sit in the middle, it felt like my knees were in my sternum. Once we arrived at Grandma’s house I got out as fast as I could so I could stretch my legs. My Aunt Mare and cousin Ryan were there to greet us. After several hugs and kisses we went into my Grandma’s house to visit. Ryan and I played his PSP (portable play station) for about a half hour then played my game boy advance. My Aunt called my sisters and I over to where she was sitting because she had presents for us, we all got tops and shorts.

We went to bed around 10:00 pm that night, we were very tired from the long plane trip. My sisters, Mom and Grandma slept upstairs in her room and my Dad and I slept on a Queen size air mattress in the living room. It was okay if I went to bed before him because he snores loudly. It was an unpleasant night for me.

The next morning we woke up and ate breakfast. My uncle Mark called and told us he got us tickets to see a Philadelphia game. My dad told him we would love to go so we all got ready and went to the ball park. When we got to the row of seats that were ours we found out they were on the first base line. Once we found our seats we went to get soda, ice cream and fans that spray water. My dad was talking to a security guard and he told my dad it was 116 degrees where we were sitting. In the stands there were news reporters and my sister ended up on the news. The part of the news she was on was titled “Philly fans trying to beat the heat” and you could see her using her spray fan.

Once the game started our cold snacks were gone so my uncle Brian and I went to get more waters and ice cream. We had a lot of fun but couldn’t sit back in our seats because the plastic would have burnt us. My Mom and sister Caitlyn went upstairs to get out of the sun and cool off. My Mom was so over heated she almost passed out. A security guard took them into an air-conditioned room to cool her off. My Dad, my uncle and I were still watching the game, but went to get out of the sun after the seventh inning stretch. We found my Mom and sister and all joined with some other relatives in the restaurant where we got soda and cheese fries which were quite good. We finished the fries and then left the restaurant to go back to my grandmas house. Outside the ballpark were some people selling what we thought were sodas but really they were energy drinks. We didn’t need them so we just walked on by and went to our car. We went back to grandma’s house and were just exhausted from the heat so we ended up going to bed early. And by the way the Phillies lost the game 7-6.