Freemasonry's Ominous Obscurity | Teen Ink

Freemasonry's Ominous Obscurity

By TheChosenOne BRONZE, Hayward, California
TheChosenOne BRONZE, Hayward, California

Among the many secretive societies in the world, none are as questioned as the group called Freemasons. In the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries a new group emerged with simple membership requirements. You would have to be a freeborn male over the age of 18 that believes in a Supreme Being (the choice and logic of that Supreme Being will vary from mason to mason) and has good morals. But the requirements for the candidate leave many questions. What exactly is Freemasonry? Curiosity pertaining to Freemasons has roamed around for quite some time now, and conspiracy theories have formed ever since William Morgan of New York threatened to give away all Freemason ritual secrets and then disappeared in 1826. Presumed dead, many Anti-Masonic groups formed, and they have lasted to this day to speak out against the largest secret society of five million Masons. Some of the most well known of these conspiracies are the United States Masonic Government Theory, the United States Dollar Bill Conspiracy, and the Masonic Satanic/New World Order Conspiracy.

It’s strange to think that our past United States Presidents have been part of a secret society but for many of our well known presidents this may be true. Fourteen of the forty-four U.S. Presidents in our history have been confirmed to have been part of the Freemasons. Some of these include George Washington, James Monroe, Thomas Jefferson (debated), Theodore Roosevelt, and Franklin D. Roosevelt. Along with these names, the highly esteemed Abraham Lincoln applied to become a Mason shortly before his presidential election but stopped going through the process of being initiated in order to keep his voters. He knew that his voters would be worried if a Freemason who rose from nothing became president of the United States, but they were unaware that in the years prior, the United States was already being slightly controlled by this secret society. It is unsure what Masons had done directly to the United States, but the uncertainty of it all arouses questions. Based on opinions of Freemasons, Americans wonder if they are looking to create a New World Order through the United States or if they’ve already created bondage between all the other governments in the world and use the United States as a central government. We have many unanswered questions, and many of those questions may never be answered.

In addition to the United States Government possibly being controlled by a secret society, a large amount of the world’s population believes that there is a conspiracy that the Freemasons have put subliminal messages on the dollar bill that summarizes their plans in establishing a New World Order. One of the most commonly asked questions about our dollar bill is why we have Egyptian pyramids and such as some of the artwork.
By looking at the Egyptian artwork on the bill, many Americans believe that the Masons base their teachings on many Egyptian ideas and have used the pyramid as a supposedly satanic symbol many times before. Atop the pyramid is the All Seeing Eye which has been found in many temples throughout the United States and represents the eye of Lucifer and depicts one supreme government looking over the world. Along with these symbols is the Latin phrase “Annuit Coeptis Novus Ordo Secluorum” which is translated as “Announcing the Birth of a New World Order”. Along with this phrase, the “E Pluribus Unum” phrase, meaning “Out of Many One” is said to represent the New World Order ideas of the Freemasons, making all the governments join together. Also on the dollar is an eagle, on one of its wings is thirty-two feathers representing the thirty-two degrees of Masonry in the Scottish rite. On the opposite wing there are thirty-three feathers representing the highly recognized thirty-third degree of Freemasonry in the Scottish rite. On the eagle’s tail are nine feathers which represent the nine degrees of the Chapter, Council, and Commandery of the York rite of Masonry. There are also many references to the number, thirteen, on the dollar bill. Here are some of the references:

-13 leaves in the olive branch
-13 bars and stripes in the shield
-13 arrows in the right claw
-13 letters in the "E Pluribus Unum" on the ribbon
-13 stars in the green crest above
-13 granite stones in the Pyramid. (The 13 layers represent the 13 Illuminati bloodlines)
-13 letters in Annuit Coeptis

There is no definite proof that the Freemasons have anything to do with the number, 13, according to their website, but it is still speculated. Finally, there is an owl in the top right hand corner, above the one. The owl has been a prominent symbol for Masonry throughout its history (before the owl, the Masons used the phoenix, which was the United States symbol until 1841).

But one of the most feared conspiracies in the American public eye concerning Freemasons is that they’re a Satanic Group looking to establish a New World Order and promote one Supreme Being. Some of the satanic symbols appear on the dollar bill. On the Great Seal of the United States, in the phrase, “Annuit Coeptis Novus Ordo Secluorum”, if you connect the “M” from the word Secluorum, the “A” from Annuit, the “S” from Ceoptis, the “O” from Ordo, and the “N” from Novus it spells out Mason. These points if plotted and connected form the satanic star. Also on the dollar bill, above the eagle’s head, there are 13 stars that form the shape of a hexagon, the most satanic shape because of its 6 angles, 6 points, and 6 planes (666-The Number of the Beast). The hexagon is often used in satanic rituals and is used to evoke Satan. Along with the belief that the Freemasons are a satanic group, some believe that they may be an All-Jew Society that plans on creating a New World Order because of the events of the Holocaust. In contrast to some belief of the Masons being Satanic, some even believe that they may be a group of The Nights Templar, which is a Catholic endorsed group that promotes Western Christianity. The Freemasons claim that they are not a substitute for a religion and do not set one Supreme Being, yet some claim that the Masons worship The Great Architect of the Universe (GAOTU) or Jahbulon, and amalgam of Jehovah, Baal, and Osiris.

“TO ALL GODLY PEOPLE, In the Citie of London,” proclaimed and published by
a Presbyterian minister in 1689, “Having thought it needful to warn you of the Mischiefs and Evils practiced in the Sight of God by those called Freed Masons, I say take Care lest their Ceremonies and secret Swearings take hold of you; and be wary that none cause you to err from Godliness. For this devllish Sect of Men are Meeters in secret which swear agains all without ther Following. They are the Anti Christ which was to come leading Men from Fear of God. For how should Men meet in secret Places and with secret Signs taking Care that none observed them to do the Work of GOD; are not these the Ways of Evil-doers? Knowing how that God observeth privilly them that sit in Darkness they shall be smitten and the Secrets of their Hearts layed bare. Mingle not amoung this corrupt People lest you be found so at the World's Conflagration.” Ever since this article was created, countless conspiracies that are derogatory towards Freemasons have existed. But as time progresses, more and more Freemason conspiracies are devised by the American people. Some of these more recent ideas of the American people concerning Freemasonry include the Masons setting up and assassinating President John F. Kennedy, faked the Apollo Moon Landings, were responsible for the events that occurred on September 11th, during an Islam/Freemason secretive, religious war, and that the United States Government is controlled by the Freemasons even today. But even with all of these ideas of what the Masons have done and are doing out of the public eye, there is no true evidence that shows that the Freemasons actually plotted to store subliminal messages through out embalms in the United States or that they plan on creating a New World Order.

“Freemasonry is the oldest and largest world wide fraternity dedicated to the Brotherhood of Man under the Fatherhood of a Supreme Being. Although of a religious nature, Freemasonry is not a religion. It urges its members, however, to be faithful and devoted to their own religious beliefs,” according to the Masonic website’s homepage. But what’s put in front of us may not be true. The media may have obscured Freemasonry to be something it isn’t and we may not even realize it. Or maybe many of the conspiracies that are recognized today are true. Is there a New World Order being formed? Are we being controlled by a group we don’t even understand? We may never know what the truth truly is and what is false. But it is you to decide what you think are the facts. Here is the question we are faced with: What exactly is a Freemason?

I watched a TV program several months ago and was inspired to write this peice having to do with the many conspiriacy theories and opinions of the Freemasons.

cuttersky said...
on Feb. 8 2011 at 2:34 pm
i dont think they are the most questioned i think that would be the illuminatti