Can't Hold me Down | Teen Ink

Can't Hold me Down

Can’t Hold me Down!

In your life there are always obstacles that tend to hold you down. For me that has been extremely true, but I didn’t really know it. The fact that when I was young my mother tried to shelter me from all the bad. When I had 1st found out that we’ve struggled to keep a roof over our heads, that was my turning point.

When I turned eleven I was acting up in school I never went and would hang out with friends which led to more trouble! By the middle of that year I had ended up pregnant I wanted to stop going to school but I knew if my life was messed up I couldn’t do that to my kid. About 4 months into my pregnancy I knew that I would be the only person pregnant in middle school, but I couldn’t give up.

I was afraid to tell anyone especially my family. I had told my grandmother and she had told me what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and this child would be a gift from God. So with my nana with me I told my parents and they weren’t as mad as I thought they would be. Plenty of things would happen after this one problem.

I was always told by a lot of people that I cant do something, things like that I have to prove them wrong no matter what I takes! Things will always be in the way emotions, friends, family, school, etc. But no matter what happens in my life nothing can hold me down!

on Aug. 28 2009 at 12:00 am
Taylor-pop SILVER, Mole Creek, Other

Real friends are like diamonds true and rare.
Fake friends are like autumn leaves found everywhere.

wow! i think thats really true i had and have a really hard life i mean i havnt been pergant but your right i beleive that when the hard hits you have to push through good luck in life keep righting n cheak out some of my stuff!