Car Accident | Teen Ink

Car Accident

May 14, 2019
By Dazhsa BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Dazhsa BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 Birds chirped to a beautiful hum. As the sun arose on that beautiful morning my sister rouse me up from my slumber to drop her off at our uncle’s home, so she could get to school. I woke up, snatched my soft, fluffy robe, left my house. I drove to my uncle’s house very groggy. We arrived at his house; and my sister uttered, “bye”, and I nodded my head back at her. I departed from his house, but I remained very tired. I forced myself awake from dozing off and maintained enough alertness to still drive, so I could get home to get my brother and I to school. Moments later, a feeling of panic arose as I attempted to escape the car. The scent of gasoline filled in the air and caused me to feel unsafe. In the car, I only saw the grey fog of smoke and the white colored air bags.
           

Earlier Thursday morning at 7:10, the blue sky hovered above me as the sunrise beamed brightly golden rays. I remember passing McDonald’s, Eric’s Ice Cream, and Taco Bell; however, that’s all I can recall. I don’t remember anything I really don’t remember. I must’ve dozed off and skid into the other lane. Then, I collided into a pole and touched down into the parking lot of Pack Rats. I finally escaped the car when I noticed a good Samaritan. A great Samaritan. He came from his car and helped me call an ambulance and my mother. The Samaritan asked me, “what hurts?”
           

I replied to him,” my lip and knee really hurt.
           

He told me, “you have some blood on your lip.” My badly, busted, bloody red lip was in excruciating pain. The pain in my knee felt like a piercing knife cutting through someone’s arm. After a couple of minutes, we witnessed the ambulance and police red and blue piercing sirens advancing towards us. When the police and paramedics came, the police asked me questions first. They repeated, “Ma’am, are you ok?”  I said yes. They declared, “Do you know what happened?”  I cried no. Then they looked at the paramedics and stated, “Go ahead and look at her. We will ask her more later.” The paramedics came and told me to get on the gurney. I lay down on the gurney; then they pushed me to the ambulance. It was very rocky trip to the ambulance. In the ambulance, the paramedics checked my vitals. After they checked all my vitals to make sure I remained healthy, I heard a loud cry of someone screaming my name. That someone happened to be my mom. She jumped on the ambulance yelling and screaming, “Are you okay?”
           

I replied back,” Yes mom I’m fine.” She started gripping my toes and fingers trying to count trying to count them to make sure they were all there. Then she left the ambulance to meet me at the hospital, and then they drove me Mercy Health. When we arrived to the hospital, they took me to my room, and the doctors started asking questions. I was going through a rollercoaster of thoughts in my head. They all looked like dull blue marshmallows. The doctors and nurses helped me by calming me down and treating my injuries. They sent me to get a MRI on my knee and a head CT on my head and neck. After that they sent me back to my room and let me lay down for a while, while they received my results. they came back to tell me my results they said my head and neck looked fine. My knee looked fine, but it became a little bruised and swollen. The doctor came in and wrapped my knee with a wrap. We finally were free to leave the hospital.
           

My mom drove me home, and we worried home. Little did I know we were going to have visitors. My mom told me that the sheriff was going to come to our house to get my statement on the accident, but I became nervous needy natural wreck because my heart started beating fast. My hands started shaking. My stomach turned like a washing machine. I never ever in my life have spoken to the cops about something this serious that I did.
           

The cops knocked on the door, and I opened the door. Then I sat down. They gave me a piece of paper which was a ticket saying that I had to make a court visit whenever the court gave me a date. I’ve never been the type of person to get in trouble with the law, and it made me so anxious. The officers acted really nice, and they stated,” Glad you’re okay.”


At the end of the day, I’m really glad that I was okay and that I did not injure anyone in the accident. Someone stated, “Beyond that time [of my near-death experience], that innate fear of death we all seem to be born with just vanished.” I’ve never been through anything that scary. Accidents can take important parts away from a person. They can take life, a leg, an arm, train of thought and etc. I was lucky enough to walk away from the accident with a bloody lip and a swollen knee.