The Rainbows of Life | Teen Ink

The Rainbows of Life

April 23, 2009
By spri123 BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
spri123 BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Life can be compared to just about anything, from a slow, strenuous hike up a steep mountain, to the fast pacing momentum of a sky dive. But honestly, I don't think life should really be compared to anything on this planet; it is far too precious and exquisite for the complex human mind. What we don't understand, we tend to shy away from, and that is what that is keeping us from our full potentials. People spend too much time mapping and calculating their minute trifling details, rather than living the beauty of life.


I, for one, am very hypercritical when saying just live life. I freak out over little things, and worry far too much beyond the small, average size of the human brain. But once I let go, I am reminded of the true, joyous rainbows of life.

Often when life stumbles or doesn’t go my way, questions race through my life: What is life? Why are we living? Who are we? What is the purpose of this? What if what we’re living isn’t really what we think it is? Confusing, I know. But do we really need to know the answers to these irrelevant questions. Why can’t we just live it, and make every moment promising?

Everyday, enjoy your life as it is, and as it’s not. Love the beauty of your skin and of your neighbor’s. Make your life count. Make yourself remember the beauty of why you’re living. Then you will truly have your own pot of gold on your rainbow.