G is for Grandpa

G is for grandpa. My grandpa died of cancer. I was seven years old when he passed away. I miss him dearly. I don’t remember him that well. I do remember a few moments with him that I will savor for the rest of my life.
When I was about 4 years old, my grandma, grandpa, aunt, cousin, mom, and I all went on a trip to Florida. For some odd reason I remember my Grandpa Chief offering me a can of Cherry Coke when we arrived to the beach house. I said “yes,” so he poured it in a glass for me. Then we sat down on the couch.
On that same trip he took my cousin Jill and I fishing on the shore of the Atlantic Ocean. He showed us how to cast the fishing pole and how to tug and reel it in if a fish bit. We both watched him catch a few fish, and then he handed the pole to Jill. She caught one fish. My grandpa took the hook out of the fish. Then I got a turn, except I caught two fish. My grandpa said I did a good job. I will never forget those words that came out of his mouth.
My mom, dad, brother, and I went to my grandma and grandpa’s house to visit for a few hours. My grandpa asked if my brother and I wanted to go play baseball in the backyard; we did. I remember my brother kept on getting home runs, and I would go chase the ball and throw it back to my grandpa for him to pitch. When it was my turn to bat, I didn’t do so well. I kept on missing the baseball. So my Grandpa taught me how to swing and keep my eyes on the ball.
The last memory I remember with my grandpa is when I was sitting on the couch in his house. I wanted to learn how to draw the number four. My grandpa saw me struggling to draw it, so he drew a few really slow. He watched me try and after a few times, I finally had it.
My grandpa taught me a lot of different things. Even though I don’t remember all the times I spent with him, I will always remember how loving, caring, and helpful he was. He was the best grandpa in the whole world, and to me he still always will be.