My FLVS Experience

When my mom and I found the Florida Virtual School last year, I thought that it would just be like another online school that I had tried previously. In a few words: Boring and unhelpful. However, that is far from the case here. The more we looked into it, the more I was amazed at all FLVS has to offer. From Latin to Marine Science all the way to a school newspaper, it has so much diversity in its classes and extracurricular activities.

When I first started out, I just took the basics: History, Science, and English, along with Spanish. I was pleasantly surprised at how involved the teachers are in their students' work. With the monthly calls and extensive availability, it was made clear that they truly care about their students. The curriculum and the general setup of the classes are completely amazing, and I have to credit the teachers for keeping it interesting.

As I grew more comfortable in FLVS, I signed up for the Newspaper Club. This is where I have made some of the best friends a person could ask for. Also, this and my English class have helped me to realize my career path, to be a writer. Without FLVS, there is no way I would have been able to make such a choice.

Overall, FLVS has helped me immensely, in both core classes and extracurricular activities. FLVS is something I am eternally grateful for, in both helping me to excel in school, and to make me a more outgoing person.