Life Happens

Teenage life can seem like your world is coming to an end at almost any second. Issues seem to come up at all times no matter what. Something that seemed to stop my world was when I found out my dad was moving a thousand miles away to New York. I remember how I felt like it was yesterday. There was a terrible pit in my stomach while my mind was rushing. Who would wake me up every morning for school? Who would annoy me with questions everyday? Who was going to be my dad? I was angry, sad, confused, lonely, and happy for him all at the same time. I didn’t want to be selfish but that was MY dad. He belonged here, with me, at our home. Instead of dealing with how I felt, I shrugged it off while leading everyone to believe that I was completely fine. People knew better than that though. I learned that even though he’s be far away, he would still be my dad. I also learned how to be unselfish. Going through something like that really teaches you how to want the best for another person. The greatest lesson that I ever learned was how to be unselfish. I owe that life-long lesson to my dad.