Charlie: Christmas 2008 | Teen Ink

Charlie: Christmas 2008

By FaerieDust BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
FaerieDust BRONZE, Olympia, Washington

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. ~Winston Churchill

Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Elf: Hey, I was just wondering, what do you guys like about Charlie?
Stanley: She has taught me that a ride will go better if I cooperate with my rider, but don’t be too easy on them. Both I and the rider learn something that way.
Fred: She makes it worthwhile for me to go somewhere.
Tuffy: I’ll admit, I’m stubborn sometimes, but she always puts me back in line.
Gypsy: Charlie doesn’t hold me back, because she trusts me.
Alsace: Charlie may be strict sometimes, but she is fun-loving, and enjoys a good ride. My life is great here. I learn something new with every ride.
Elegance: Well said, Alsace. Personally, Charlie will teach me a different version of something, and makes it a pleasurable thing to do by just being there helping me. Everyone here at TPA likes Charlie, horses and riders alike.
Ace: When I don’t know something, Charlie is patient and teaches me the correct way to do it. Then, she practices it with me as much as I need it to make sure that I learn it well. When I am a bully, Charlie tells me to stop it or else, and if I don’t, I learn.
Al: If I goof around, Charlie gives me what I deserve and teaches me to pay attention. She may be strict sometimes, but I learn a lot more if she is hard on me and makes sure that I am trying my best.
Harmony: She understands why I have a problem with girths and teaches new riders about my sensitivity with girths. Charlie will always make sure that new riders know what to do, which makes everything easier for both of us, me and the rider.
Music: I believe that Charlie is the greatest trainer I could have. She is just amazing. She can teach you anything and everything. If I don’t know something, she makes sure I understand and shows me how to do it correctly. Charlie also teaches me how to work with my rider, and to be with the rider, so the ride is smoother for both of us.
Scimitar: If I can do something correctly, but could do better, so Charlie shows me how to improve on that so it easier for the rider and me.
Schania: I have great rides with the riders at TPA, because they have all learned from Charlie, an absolutely brilliant trainer.
Hairy: I can act up sometimes too, but Charlie always gives me a choice of what to do, and shows me which choice would be the best.
Elf: I agree with all of you. Charlie is amazing, isn’t she?
“Yes!!!!”
To Charlie, a brilliant teacher.

Maria

This was for my horse back riding teacher, Charlie, as a Christmas present. It was meant to represent the entire student body and the horses, who all appreiciate Charlie.

on Apr. 22 2009 at 10:10 pm
WHOAAA MARIA,, this is jussttt beautifull =]

-Lexie♥♥