Writer's Block!

I get writers block a lot, and I bet you do to. Here is a list of things you can do if you do get writers block.

Find your favorite chapter from you favorite book and re-write it the way you wish it would have happened, or maybe from another point of view.

Pick up a thesaurus and find a descriptive word that you like, write an acrostic with it poem describing the describing word.

Write about anything and I mean anything in the world! Pick something you think is funny it could be watermelons for all I care and just write about it.

Try starting from another part of the story if your on chapter 3 think about how you want to write your 5th chapter…

Read a book!

Write down a name… any name then start to write… who is this person what does he/she look like? Who is there friend?

Play some music …. Use a lyric in your story

Try meditating! It’s relaxing and could really help.

Let yourself write horribly! It could lead to something really funny!

Try drawing a character that you wrote about it might get you thinking about describing words.

Get some fresh air go for a walk!

Find a cool picture you took… write about it! Where it was why you took it…etc.

Pick a new place to write go to a coffee shop or park to write

Go people watching for help creating characters.

Work backwards! Ending first then middle then beginning

Ten deep breaths always help

Go online look for some writing prompts what people don’t know won’t hurt them.

Write about a celebrity that you like!

Re-write a comic

Popular movies… great idea starter.

Try, try again! A first draft is meant to be messy!

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

vegetariangirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I hate when I get writer's block! I got over it by writing down everything I heard!