Was the U.S. Right to Drop the Atomic Bomb on Japan?

The United States was wrong to drop the Atomic Bomb on Japan. The U.S sunk to shocking extremes to make sure that Japan would surrender. The bombs were dropped on two harmless Japanese cities. According to various sources, Japan would have surrendered even if the bombs were not dropped.

Yes, the Japanese military did bomb Pearl Harbor when the U.S. was not involved in the war. And yes, the U.S. did have the right to fight back, but not like it did. The U.S. might have wanted to give Japan a taste of its own medicine, but it shouldn’t have overdosed the Japanese. The U.S. is a Christian nation, and Japan practices Buddhism. In the Christian Bible, it says “An eye for an eye; and a tooth for a tooth”, but Buddha disagrees with that and stated “An eye for an eye just makes the whole world blind” I might be Roman Catholic, but I strongly agree with the words of Buddha.

Pearl Harbor was a military based ship harbor, so no innocent civilians were killed during that bombing. The United States, instead of bombing a Japanese military base, bombed two Japanese cities that were not controlled by the Japanese military. Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the two cities that the U.S. dropped the Atomic Bombs on, were completely ruined. Elderly, women, and children were murdered by the bombs. The U.S. also destroyed and burned down Shinto and Buddhist temples, schools, hospitals, living quarters, etc.

One day before the bombing of Nagasaki, the Japanese Emperor let Foreign Minister Shigenori Togo know about his desire to “insure a prompt ending of hostilities.” In my opinion, if the U.S. didn’t spend so much time on building those two bombs and tried to civilly end the war with Japan, the war could have ended much sooner. The U.S. put all its attention on the bombs that it didn’t realize that Japan was already trying to surrender.

Dropping the Atomic Bombs was a completely unnecessary way to end World War Two. It could have ended much more peacefully. Those innocent Japanese citizens did not need to die. The U.S was wrong to drop the Atomic Bomb on Japan.

Frank said...
Sep. 19 at 12:13 am:
I normally don't like to criticize people directly, but I'm sorry to say that you obviously have no understanding of the US situation during WWII or the Japanese.  Prior to Pearl Harbor, the Japanese were busy invading China, Korea, and Manchuria.  This includes the famous "Rape of Nanking" which you seem to ignore or know nothing about.  The League of Nations imposed sanctions on Japan which another poster seems to be blaming on the US.  Considering Japan w... (more »)

Chiller said...
Check your facts. Heroshema was a military target. We did warn them twice. The firebombing of Tokyo was much worse than the a-bombs. The people were starving. Both heighranking American and Japanese agreed that the Japanese army would have fought till every last able-bodied citizen was dead. And all my research comes from credible sites. The bomb saved many more lives, especially the japanese, than if we had kept up the usual tactics and/or invaded.

Blake5324 said...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:50 pm:
The US shouldnt of tried to cut of Japans oil otherwise Pearl Harbor would have been avoided completely. The US claims they were attacked for no reason. If the US didn't supply the British, the Germans would of taken Europe and the war in Europe would of ended with out the loss of life we had. If the US didn't try to play politics with Japan, we would have never been bombed. Was America just for the loss of life in Dresden and the Two Japanese cities? Look at how the US handles politics ... (more »)

critic said...
May 16, 2013 at 4:45 pm:
the term an eye for an eye was gandhi's words not Buddha's 

Critic said...
It could have been alot worse, if we didn't drop the bomb we could have set up a major assault on Japan, killing at least twice as many people.

Critic said...
Dude, and according to about three times as many sources, we could have done worse and if japan wanted oil, then why don't they ask ncely instead of be idots.  Yuo have nooo idea what that boming on pearl harbor did to us, we were saying an eye for a head and a tooth for a broken neck.  And also according to just about everyone Christianity is stuipid and so , sadly I as a Christian is surrounded by people who don"t know any better. 

Ap123 replied...
Apr. 29 at 1:13 pm :
In the first testament it's an eye for an eye, but the second testament is a little different. Maybe if you Check your bible again you'd understand :)