The Life of Michael Jackson | Teen Ink

The Life of Michael Jackson

By kaitlyn marzahl BRONZE, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
kaitlyn marzahl BRONZE, Elkhorn, Wisconsin

In his extraordinary career, he sold, an estimated 750 million records worldwide. He was also recognized in the book of Guiness World Records as the most successful entertainer of all time. Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009, leaving at only 50 years old. He left his children Paris (11), Prince Michael 1st (14), and Prince Michael 2nd (aka Blanket-9).

It all started in Gary, Indiana, on August 29, 1958, when he was born to his mother Katherine Jackson and father Joseph Jackson. With eight siblings, Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, La Toya, Marlon, Randy, and Janet that helped make his career start.

What did he go on to be, he went on to become one of the most internationaly famous award-winning solo pop sensations. As that, he has as many nicknames as you can count on your hand. The most famous nicknames are “The gloved one,” “Wacko Jacko,” “Jacko,” “King of pop,” “M.J,” and “apple head” with just as many here are his trademarks “the moonwalk”, a single sequenced white glove, and white socks with black shoes.

In all the 50 years he lived, he got the most number one hits in the 1980's. He got the biggest selling album of all time. Plus he got the greatest audience. Lastly, he has won more awards that any other artist.

It then all ended on June 25th, 2009, from a prescription drug overdose at 50 years old leaving three young children, but his doctor (Conrad Murray) was then found guilty of killing Michael Jackson. Hours before Jackson's death, he administrated Propofol to him and that got him charged with involuntary man slaughter and received four years in prison.

This is all about Michael Jackson and how he got so many awards, who helped make it be(all his siblings), and how it all ended in 2009.