Life of Julius Ceasar | Teen Ink

Life of Julius Ceasar

By RichardDumbwood SILVER, Alamosa, Colorado
RichardDumbwood SILVER, Alamosa, Colorado

William Shakespeare’s Magnus Opus, The Tragedy of Julius Caesar, has been taught in American high school classrooms for over 100 years. American students can learn many great lessons from one of greatest sonnet writers in history. The Tragedy of Julius Caesar Should be continued to be taught in the class room because it teaches many great lessons, opens students minds and the way they write, and it helps kids use their imagination.

Many high school American teachers and student enjoy teaching and reading The Tragedy of Julius Caesar. The Tragedy of Julius Caesar teaches many great lessons that student can learn and succeed from. For example If you are the captain of a high school team you typically have more power than some of the other players, there for you need to make decisions that will benefit your whole team instead of just a few. If you only benefit some of the players instead of the whole team you might get back stabbed and it will greatly hurt you and the team as a whole. Another reason why The Tragedy of Julius Caesar should continue to be taught in American high schools is because it opens student’s minds greatly. It helps students open their minds to think and write differently than they usually do because they see this new way to write and for it to still tell a really amazing story. It also helps students think of different types of stories to write instead of the usual stories that are told ten million times but just with different characters. The final reason why The Tragedy of Julius Caesar should continue to be taught in American high schools is because it opens the door to many students’ imagination. The Tragedy of Julius Caesar helps high school students think about things that they normally wouldn’t think about. When you read the play it makes you think about the olden days and how they lived in Rome and their ways of life. Most American high school students wouldn’t normally think about other countries and how they live and used to live.

William Shakespeare wrote many great plays in his time, but The Tragedy of Julius Caesar is probably the most beneficial play out of all of them to most American high school teenagers. The Tragedy of Julius Caesar is probably the most beneficial play to read because it teaches American high school students many great lessons, it opens a lot of the student’s writing minds, and it helps kids use their imaginations more. The Tragedy of Julius Caesar was personally beneficial to me, but what about you?