The Mahabharata | Teen Ink

The Mahabharata

By Bonnybiedz BRONZE, Guwahati, Other
Bonnybiedz BRONZE, Guwahati, Other

COURAGE is not the absence of FEAR,,,,but the judgement that something else is more important than the FEAR.....

Many people of India ,especially the older generations strongly believed that the legends of the Gods mentioned in the Mahabharata were true. But with change of time occurs change of mind. Today the new generations and most people of science seem to have some problem in digesting those stories. So we started called those a myth. A work of the genius Ved Vyas.
But in the epic itself , many instances are found where the scientific records and data are similar to the modern day findings. If it was just a work of fiction,how a single person, who had no access to the astronomical machines, could possibly get all those facts right??
Maybe it wasn’t a wild guess, maybe he wasn’t just writing a very long novel, maybe he was recording history, Indian history.
---------------------------------------------------------

The first thing I would like to say is that the great sage ved vyas himself mentioned from time to time in The Mahabharata that he intended to write an “Itihaas” which means “history” in English. If he wanted to write a fiction wouldn’t he describe it as “katha”. He described that he wrote this “itihaas” after the death of king Dhrutarashtra.
Some believe it’s not a historical record because of its poetic nature. But in those days that was the form of writing which was popular.
It is believed that ved vyas started writing the Mahabharata before the battle of kurukshetra, and he lived through the war. So he could note down all the minute details and later included it in his great work. If it was supposed to be a novel, a genius like him would have known that it would just bore his readers. Novels generally include only some key moments. Moreover , not much description of flora and fauna are found in Mahabharata. The description of seasons and places at small moments are found to be discussed in most novels, while historical records concentrate on events and characters just like in Mahabharata . Novels generally revolve around some key characters. But in the Mahabharata we can find sub-story inside sub-story and so on.
The dynasties mentioned in the Mahabharata often match with those mentioned in Ramayana. Though Ramayana was an earlier work but many of the predecessors from Ramayana dynasties find a mention in Mahabharata. All the historical data from both these text match. If Mahabharata was a work of fiction why won’t Ved Vyas use new characters?
The details of the war and the use of hi-tech weapons had raised a doubt in the minds of the researchers that Mahabharata was a made up story. But recent archaeological studies have proved that there was a much advanced civilization in India which could have the knowledge of creating hi-tech weapons just as mentioned in the Mahabharata. It is found the mohenjodaro consisted a plumbing system which was more advanced than the plumbing system of Pakistan.
A Prominent Greek historian has stated that Chandragupta Maurya was the 138th King of Lord Krishna’s lineage. This means that character of Lord Krishna and other events were true. Even Chinese travellers have confirmed in their accounts that there was a custom to keep a track of Kings and their lineage during the times of Mahabharata and all the descriptions in this work are true in nature.
On studying the astronomical details mentioned in the Mahabharata it has been found that the planets and stars were exactly in the same position in the era mentioned. Well now how will ved vyas know that? It is quite odd to do such scientific discoveries and mathematical calculations just to write a novel.

There were instances which described alien invasions and UFO sightings. Following is an extract from a book called “Alien Identities - Ancient Insights into Modern UFO Phenomena” by Richard L. Thompson :
“The more typical vimanas had flight characteristics resembling those reported for UFOs, and the being associated with them were
said to possess powers similar to those presently ascribed to UFO entities. An interesting example of a vimana is the flying
machine which Salva, an ancient Indian king, acquired from Maya Danava, an inhabitant of a planetary system called Taltala."

“Mahabharata war is considered by many to be a historical event. The epic states that a singularly ominous pair of eclipses occurred in “Thirteen days” some time before the war. Using modern astronomical software, shows that a number of “Thirteen day” eclipse pairs were visible in Kurukshethra.”

Some people believe that Mahabharat was a Nuclear War. Why? Because of some explanations that defy contemporary knowledge of weapons that people of THAT time could conceivably have created.
"When the Rishi City of Mohenjodaro was excavated by archaeologists in the last century, they found skeletons just lying in the
streets, some of them holding hands, as if some great doom had suddenly overtaken them. These skeletons are among the most
radioactive ever found, on a par with those found at Hiroshima and Nagasaki."
"Futhermore, at Mohenjo-Daro, the streets were littered with 'black lumps of glass'. These globs of glass were discovered to be clay pots that had
melted under intense heat! "
- D. Hatcher Childress, "Ancient Indian Aircraft Technology"
In The Anti-Gravity Handbook

There is this account by the hero Krishna that is suggestive of more modern weapons. As he takes to the skies in pursuit of Salva:
"...He threw at me rockets, missiles, spears, spikes, battle-axes, three-bladed
javelins, flame-throwers, without pausing....The sky...seemed to hold a hundred suns, a hundred moons...and a hundred myriad
stars. Neither day nor night could be made out, or the points of compass."
- The Mahabharata

An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as the thousand suns rose in all
its splendour...An iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the
Andhakas....The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; pottery broke without apparent
cause, and the birds turned white....After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected.... To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw
themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment..."
- The Mahabharata

"It would seem that The Mahabharata is describing an atomic war!
The above section very accurately describes what an atomic explosion would look like and the effects of the
radioactivity on the population. Jumping into water is the only respite.
Even the lost city of lord Krishna , Dwarka was found by the archeologist which is a more than enough proof that Krishna exist and that there is a great possibility that mahabharata is our history.