How my writing has changed | Teen Ink

How my writing has changed

June 7, 2011
By andymcflandy BRONZE, Oak Park, Illinois
andymcflandy BRONZE, Oak Park, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

American Studies and this past year have changed my writing massively over the past year and this semester. This is due in part to Dragon Speak , and getting my grades and life together . Before my writing involved me at the last minuet throwing whatever BS I could together, regardless of the topic or class. So going intro American Studies I assumed this would be more of the same BS papers and half assign everything, I was wrong. The first few weeks I was able to BS my papers and still sliding by, but around November things changed. I had my IEP meeting early in November and it was a wake up call to say the least. I realized by every one tell me I could not half ass my work any more. Also I needed to use things that could make my life Easier like Dragon Speak. In mind how ever there was no way in hell I was going to do something that would make me look or get traded differently. So for a wile it was an uphill battle, I was digging myself into a deeper whole. Then something clicked, it was 10:30 I had a paper due for studies. I knew BS wouldn’t cut it. So I grabbed my laptop threw on dragon and figured it wouldn’t work and I knew I would just BS the majority of my paper. So as I plugged in my headphones and something amazing happened. As I began to talk I picked up my every last word. Normally 4 PG paper would have taken me 3 hours and been the majority of which would have been BS. Changed into a 30 min paper of no Bs what so ever. This got me thinking, “ Why should I screw myself over” so over the next few weeks I started to train my self on dragon, my grades went up, which made my self coidance went up. I then realized that I no longer had to care about how I was viewed, the only thing I cared was getting my grades together and embracing the assets I have. Over the last 3 months my writing has improved I am the first one to suggest I use dragon, and because of this my self-cofdacnre and independence have shot up.