Diary of Anne Frank | Teen Ink

Diary of Anne Frank

By Hunter18 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
Hunter18 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia

The Diary of Anne Frank. Frank, Anne. New York: Doubleday, 1967. 268pages.

The Diary of Anne Frank, by Anne Frank. The Diary of Anne Frank is a sad story about a young Jewish girl, that just wishes to be free. Anne was just a normal teenage girl, having boyfriends, dreaming of have a family of hers one day, and trying to reach her goal of becoming a teacher. One day it all changes because of because of beliefs and religion. Anne learns shortly that growing up is coming faster to her than any other girl her age.

While reading Anne’s diary, you laugh, smile, tear up, and relate to what she says too. One quote that I could defiantly relate to, “The moment I was alone I knew that I would have cried my heart out.” When I am upset that’s how I feel and I know it is a horrible feeling and I do feel sorry for Anne. Especially knowing that she has to hide in the “Secret Annex” with her family, the Van Daans, and Mr.Dussel. At first Anne is confused what going into hiding means, but soon she finds out it’s not fun and games. After two years of hiding Anne and Peter Van Daan fall in love. But, will it last? Will Anne ever be free and reach her goals? Read to find out!

I really love The Diary of Anne Frank, and suggest this book to any reader. I am sure they will like too, and find the same theme. Love can be found anywhere even through the hardest times. I can just imagine how hard it has to be, to be all cooped up in a little house with people you can’t stand. I would defiantly rate this a five star book.

If you haven’t read this book already read this book, please do. It will be a life changer, and help you appreciate what you have and your freedom. The Diary of Anne Frank is a great book. Everyone should really live like your dying.