letter to the mayor | Teen Ink

letter to the mayor

By genius230 BRONZE, Long Branch, New Jersey
genius230 BRONZE, Long Branch, New Jersey

On your worst day accomplish something.

Dear Mayor Cory Booker,
Picture this, 16 year olds and kids under the age of 16 on the street after 10:00 o’ clock. What would you do if that person were your son or daughter? That is why I feel as though that 16 olds and kids under the age of 16 should have a 10:00 pm curfew.
My first reason is if 16-year-old girls and/or girls under the age of 16 do not have a 10:00 curfew then they can get pregnant at a very young age.
My second reason is if 16-year-olds and kids under the age of 16 do not have a 10:00 pm curfew then they can wander in the neighborhood or the streets and end up doing drugs or something that they are not supposes to be doing.

In my opinion, if 16-year-old girls and/or girls under the age of 16 do not have a curfew they can get pregnant and get HIV because very young girls around the age of 11 and 12 have boyfriends. Studies have shown, teenage pregnancy is a major issue in America.

I believe, if 16 year olds and kids under the age of sixteen do not have a curfew then they can wander around the neighborhood and end up doing drugs at a young age. Teenagers can also be caught doing drugs late and can go to jail as a result. Scientist has said that is how 16 year olds and minors end up going to jail very young.

My opponents say 16 year olds and kids under the age of 16 should not have a 10:00 o’ clock curfew because they should have freedom at the age of 16 or younger than that. My opponents may also say they are going to see a 10 o’ clock movie with there friends.

Retrospectively, Why not consider my point of view? I have stated my two powerful reasons and have given you facts and examples.
My first reason was if 16-year-old girls or minors do not have a curfew at 10 o clocks then they could get pregnant at a very young age that girls these days have boyfriends and take it to a completely new level.
My second reason is if 16 year old and kids under the age of 16 do not have a curfew then they can wander off in the streets/neighborhood and end up doing drugs at a very young age. Just think about it your son or daughter on the street after 10 o’ clock. Would you want them to have a curfew?

Sincerely,

Anonymously

neighborhood

On your worst day accomplish something.

thnx so much

lollypops GOLD said...
lollypops GOLD, Pilot, Virginia

Live

you have a good point