Nerds This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Imagine yourself walking into a candy store. You are in the mood for something sweet and sour at the same time, and something you can take places easily. Your eyes roam up and down the taunting aisle until that one colorful box screams and catches your eye. “Nerds,” the container reads. Smiling, you pick it up, knowing the right decision was made. Nerds should be chosen above all the other candy bars because they’re easy to take places, you can get two different flavors in one purchase, and they simply taste good. Since Nerds come in a convenient little box, you can take them wherever you’d like. They have easy-to-open slots on either side which allows the candy to be saved and stored until another time. Most candies have just one flavor, and then when you finish that one, you have to back and buy more. This is not only a waste of money, but a waste of time. However, Nerds contain two flavors — typically strawberry and grape. If the customer gets tired of one flavor, they can close the flap, open the other, and enjoy an entirely new experience. Finally, Nerds simply taste great. They are sour, but not unbearable. Additionally, the petite size of the candy lets you eat a handful at a time, letting you taste the tart goodness. Although the quaint size of the Nerds could be a choking hazard, they are soft and easy to chew. In 1985, Nerds won the “Candy of the Year” award, and have continued to prosper since. Shaped like pebbles, colored like the rainbow, and flavored with passion and pleasure, Nerds are definitely the right way to go.

TheAnonymousKid said...
Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:49 am:
The ending. Loved it.

Scripturient_Scribbler This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Favorite line - "flavored with passion and pleasure" haha, great job!

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 11:54 am:
Well, I can say that the article was unexpected. Interesting~

smith said...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:31 pm:

hilarious, funny and unexpected with the "nerd" things...

thebushhippie said...
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!! This article is so awesome! I literally laughed out loud when I read it. I never thought anyone could say so many great things about Nerds!!!!!! LOVE IT!!! <3

babydizzle said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 7:50 am:
I loves me some Nerds! And i dont just mean the candy ;) I

ShiGui said...
After I read this I would really want some nerds right now. I don't really like nerds, but the author was pretty convincing. Haha.

livininabigcity said...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 11:52 am:
what was the assignment for this?

thewriteidea This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 12:01 pm :
it was for english class. we were assigned a certain candy, and we had to write a paragraph explaining why THIS candy was better than any other candy. i was really proud that it won first place :)

Ilykchickeenn replied...
Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:06 pm :
i lyk this poem lyk no joke lyk ahaha

nailsonachalkboard said...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 11:52 am:
i love the way you describe the candies! i never thought about nerds that way

imafan said...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 11:51 am:
i agree with anumK -- i thought it was going to be about nerds too! great write, though

AnumK said...
Oct. 20, 2010 at 6:01 am:

Before starting to read this write-up, I had no idea it would be about candies. lol

Nerds was what really meant the GEEK word for me!! :)

Package of surprise...I liked it!

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nerds: The candy of kings, unless you are what you eat. XD