Why Waffles Are Better Than Pancakes | Teen Ink

Why Waffles Are Better Than Pancakes

April 11, 2024
By jacobbryant BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
jacobbryant BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Which do you prefer: waffles or pancakes? While it's true pancakes are fluffier, waffles are still better because of the texture. Secondly,  waffles are better because of the little pockets, yes that's what they're called. I googled it, and lastly, they are easier to make than pancakes.


First, The texture of waffles is better than the texture of pancakes. For example, waffles are crunchier than pancakes are. Waffles are also lighter than pancakes are. Waffles are also fluffy, maybe not as fluffy as pancakes but they are still fluffy.

Next, waffles have pockets that help make them better than pancakes. Another reason Waffles are better than pancakes is because the butter flows down into the pockets like a river.  Waffles are also better than pancakes because The syrup seeps down into them too.

The pockets make waffles easier to pull apart than pancakes.

 Lastly,waffles are better than pancakes because waffles are easier to make than pancakes are. Waffles are better than pancakes because all you have to do to make waffles is “make the batter”. Then pour the batter into the waffle maker” and boom. But with pancakes you have to do all that plus you have to flip them then you also have a dirty pan and a dirty spatula. 


While it's true pancakes maybe fluffier waffles are crunchier than pancakes. 

Yes it's true that pancakes are more fluffy, waffles are still superior because the texture is better than the texture of pancakes. Next the pockets , yes that is what they're actually called according to google, make waffles better. And finally pancakes are harder to make than waffles. In my opinion the best toppings for waffles are chocolate chips, syrup, butter and whipped cream. 


The author's comments:

i made this article for a school project. and to be clear i like waffles and pancakes i just like waffles a little more.