Reading Reflection | Teen Ink

Reading Reflection

The most difficult book I’ve read this school year so far is A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, with a page count of 416. This book’s plot had a lot of background knowledge that had to be known in order to understand why the events that happen in the story occur. There was a lot of information to keep in mind, compared to many other books. However, this book had a fascinating plot overall. I could follow the events that were unfolding and understood what caused them. Throughout the whole story I never got bored of it because there was always something important occuring.

Lauren Kate’s novel Torment was the second difficult book I read recently, with a page count of 452. This book is the second book of the Fallen Series. I think this had one of the most intriguing, yet simple plots. The main character, Luce, goes through so many lives and is living her current life very differently from all her other ones. However, the lives are all the same in the way that she was cursed to keep on dying and coming back to life because of her boyfriend Daniel; an angel that took a step down from heaven.

The Selection by Kiera Cass, with a page count of 328, was one of the easiest books I’ve read. This plot was simple, easy to follow and didn’t have much background information that had to be kept in mind throughout the book. All of the events flowed together smoothly and was not at all confusing. Description of the characters was very detailed and I could imagine what the characters would be like in real life.