The Ban on Bottled Water | Teen Ink

The Ban on Bottled Water

By MrMcNugget246 BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
MrMcNugget246 BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

Imagine living in a world without bottled water. The water fountains are trashed with vandalism, tap water is contaminated, and it’s hard to get a continuous supply of water. Selling bottled water is a form of contraband and there is no reliable way to get a drink of water. Humans have started to convert to sugary beverages which has deceased activity and exercise. Now imagine that bottled water wasn’t banned and then there would be a reliable and safe source of water. You wouldn’t stress about filling a water bottle everywhere you go. In the last years, groups of people started organizations to stop the production of bottled water. Small towns have already stopped selling bottled water and started making water fountains boycotting bottled water. Bottled water should not be banned because workers will lose their job and bottled water is a healthier option rather than tap water.

Many people have jobs working with bottled water. If bottled water is banned, more than thousands of human beings will lose their jobs. Chris Hogan, International Bottled Water Association vice president of communication, revealed, “companies that manufacture, distribute, and sell bottled water products employ 160,000 Americans and generate an additional 295,000 jobs in supplier industries.” Some people need their job to provide for their family and without a job, they’ll feel helpless. Jobs are important to have in life so you can just survive as a human being.

Bottled water is a healthy option to stay hydrated. Chris Hogan has also stated, “ Bottled water companies that produce groundwater products are entirely dependent upon a safe, fresh supply of constantly recharged and replenished water for their livelihood.” “Bottled water is comprehensively regulated by the FDA as a packaged food product and it provides a consistently safe and reliable source of drinking water.” Bottled water has been filtered and checked for diseases which makes it a reliable and safe option.

Overall, bottled water should not be banned due to losing job opportunities and a reliable source of water. The reasons to ban bottled water is an unnecessary act that will convert people back to sugary beverages which may be even more critical to the environment. Banning bottled waters will not save the environment because there will always be another beverage to replace it.