Why School Lunch Should Be Earlier | Teen Ink

Why School Lunch Should Be Earlier

By graysonlazich BRONZE, Mukwanago, Wisconsin
graysonlazich BRONZE, Mukwanago, Wisconsin

Students are forced to waiting in class for hours upon hours waiting to get there food. The latest is at 12:30 and kids are not able to eat any food at all until then. And if they do, they are punished.

This lunch is more than 6 hours after kids are eating breakfast, If they even are getting one. Yes, some children aren't even getting a breakfast before leaving for the school day. This is way too late because kids can't be hungry or they aren't going to be able to pay attention in class.

Kids are not even allowed to eat in class. This should really be allowed because if someone doesnt get breakfast they should be able to eat a little bit to food. Teachers think that there will be bugs getting into the classroom even though it the middle of winter. It has already been proven that kids get better grades and work harder when they aren't hungry.

For example, when students are in class they are focused on getting there lunch so they aren't able to work to the best of their ability so it is going to affect their grades dramatically.  Dr. Boylston says “10:30 lunchtime is ideal, especially when kids are eating at six o'clock.”

Not allowing them to do any of this is very unfair for students because they aren't even able to do anything about this. They cant have a snack, they cant get an earlier lunch, and they cant even eat a breakfast before they go to school.

I want an earlier lunch.