Hurricane | Teen Ink

Hurricane

April 8, 2018
By MariaRAllen GOLD, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
MariaRAllen GOLD, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of Realities that are not seen." ~Hebrews 11:1


Unnoticed.
Unsafe.
Unloved.
The motherless child stood in plain sight. Hurting. Aching with unadulterated fear. Fear for the future. The past. The present.


But nobody noticed the small curled up form on the sidewalk. They just walked past the bruised face and the green eyes that held an unreleased hurricane.


A hurricane big enough to engulf the whole of florida. To instill hopelessness in the minds of everyone close enough to the source.


But… There wasn’t anything that close to the source. There wasn’t anyone who cared enough about the little girl to worry about the flying debris crashing around in her mind. There wasn’t anyone who cared enough about the lump on the corner of fifth and ninth to try to stop the trees and rocks-- houses and cars-- from shattering her fragile heart like glass. Nobody cared enough to save the child from herself.


They kept walking.


And the little girl kept hurting, praying for someone to hear the harsh wind knocking her world over.

But they never did.


The author's comments:

I think we all feel like that little girl sometimes. Lost. Confused. And hurt.