My Idea of Making the World a Better Place to Live | Teen Ink

My Idea of Making the World a Better Place to Live

By meeshstfu SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
meeshstfu SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey

“In the next world, I want to be something useful.
Like a staple gun. Or in love.”
- Bradley Trumpfheller

The world has now woken up to the fact that we have caused a great damage to our earth, our environment and in the process to ourselves and the generations to come. It’s better late than never. We need to save our world, if not for others, save it for our own selves because as far as anyone can remember, it’s the only home we have.
Each person, however small, needs to be a voice, stand up; to bring in a joint contribution to recreate the Earth to its healthy state for the present and the future, so that we can change the world for the better and redefine what it is to be ‘human’.

Princess Diana believed that young people have the power to change the world, and so do I. If I carry on a little act of kindness everyday with an expectation that somebody might do the same to me someday, I effect 365 lives.

What I can do is little but it’s always better than doing nothing at all. I’ll go green. First and the foremost thing is paying attention as to how I use water. Every time I turn off the tap while brushing, I save water. Even if I manage to save 1 litre water each day, I save 365 litres water in a year. Second of all, recycle. It’s great how I can help reduce pollution just by putting that candy wrapper in the right bin.Saving the earth is a privilege, not just a responsibility. And with every little thing I do, I make a big difference.

We all can be kind people, inspire others to bring about a positive change. We, can be a legacy to the belief of all those heroes that what we stand for is what we stand on. We are the ‘green hope to make this world a better place to live.’

If I can, so can you. Let’s make ‘me’-‘we’ and tackle the water and the climate crisis. It’s Capetown today. Your home could be next.

We’ve forgotten the fact,”The Earth doesn’t belong to us. We belong to the Earth.”