What I Believe: Hard Work | Teen Ink

What I Believe: Hard Work

March 13, 2018
By jdevers5 BRONZE, York, Pennsylvania
jdevers5 BRONZE, York, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"keep writing"


Everybody around the world is looking for something in life, for a lot of people, it is having a successful career. Students and young adults can spend upwards of 5 years in external schooling even after high school to put them on the right career path. Success and hard work come together hand in hand as the center of all work put toward anything is to have some sort of accomplishment.

 

Steve Jobs is a perfect example of the result of hard work and effort. Jobs had an idea to build something that would help the people. Instead of sitting around with the idea in his head, waiting to be used, he put action forth to begin the process. Asking for the help of his friend, Jobs created a machine as what we now know as the computer and founded Apple. Hours upon hours were put into the design and creation of Jobs own computer. Once he had a final design, he called to hundreds of investors to finally get a loan to produce more of his computers. People doubted Jobs, but through all the hardships and what seemed like something that would never truly amount to anything other than a little project, he created one of the biggest tech companies to this day. A key part of his personality was that he would never quit until a project was perfect and had no kinks. Hard work was a staple of his career and the struggle he went through not only shaped his legacy but also influenced other entrepreneurs and inventors to follow in his footsteps and create the impossible. When he died in 2011, the world mourned the loss of one of its most innovative inventors.


My belief that success is an outcome of hard work directly connects to Steve Jobs. The backstory of Jobs and his story of what it was like to start from the bottom and make it to the top. Not only did jobs just become successful, but he became a staple of what a hardworking person should look like and what they can achieve. Due to this, I associate much of my inspiration and will to put forth more effort into what I am doing to Jobs himself. Universally, the belief of hard work resulting in success can be implemented in almost any situation, even when the end result isn't a financial gain. All countries around the world have some system of currency and the only way to benefit off of that is to work. If you think about different types of work ethics in different work environments, some people can work 10 hours a day and make little to nothing. What sets these people apart from others is they don't take the action steps to put them in a better situation, whether it be applying for a new job or going to a public library and gaining the knowledge needed to go into a higher paying field. Whatever the situation may be, hard work and taking those extra few steps to make yourself better will eventually pay off in the long run.

 

It is important for people to know the overall importance of hard work and effort as it can help a lot of people achieve their highest goals. I believe that hard work directly results in success in any situation. Even though many people around the world search for their answers for not achieving success, the answer is right in front of their eyes.


The author's comments:

Work for class