Goodbye Means Hello in Alien | Teen Ink

Goodbye Means Hello in Alien

March 8, 2018
By jacquelinereadinger BRONZE, Guthrie Center , Iowa
jacquelinereadinger BRONZE, Guthrie Center , Iowa
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't be scared to change the Prince's name in your story. -Atticus


Her head was filled like a starry sky on a moonlit night. Thoughts scraped at the sides of her skull trying to get out. Although, she couldn’t stop, she couldn’t slow down. Her demons were trying to kill her and she didn’t know how to escape. The demons hid behind every crack and crevice in her head, they woke her at any given time of day. They chased her to the moon and back, and never left her side. She became twisted, and started to enjoy their company. No one else would hold her at night, so she improvised and used them as an escape. The girls name, Wren, Wren Holloway.


Wren has had her heart crushed many times before but this time she fell harder than she ever could have. She fell through the ground, into the ocean, through to outer space.


She told everyone that she needed help, she couldn’t swim in her own head anymore, the tides pulling her and ripping her apart. The moon controlling everything, in this case her heart was the moon, although it made all the wrong choices. She fell for the right girl at the wrong time and lost her in the process. She fell for the right guy at the right time, but was in over her head, and they both ended up drowning in the process.


Collins, Collins lockhart was his name. He was a beautiful boy, tall and fit, messy hair and electric blue eyes. Everything she ever wanted, she lost. His smile was the most amazing thing she’d ever seen. His laugh made her happy and blush knowing he was happy. When she looked at him the entire world melted away, all she could see was him. When they hugged she felt okay, she felt protected and safe. She knew nothing could hurt her when she was in his arms. This is why she favored hugs and going to his house on fridays after school. She cries sometimes when she thinks about losing him, it’s sad to think about it, but if she didn’t really love him she wouldn’t give him the power to break her. Wren is the girl that smiles and laughs all day long, even at the stupid jokes that you wouldn’t normally laugh at. Sadly she goes home and everything falls apart. Wren can’t sleep and she has nightmares and vivid dreams that she can always remember. They keep her up at night to where she’s scared to go to sleep. She never knows what will happen in her sleep. Most times she wakes up drenched in sweat, crying, or her body aches from tensing up all night long.


Otherwise Wren was a happy girl, she had friends, she had a family who was lovely sometimes. Although, she was told she was just a selfish girl, disappointment, or a b****. She’s scared of her family, she never knows what they are gonna call her next. Wren always hides in her room, because she’s scared, she only comes out to eat or shower. Wren is always getting into trouble, either at school or at home, it’s always her fault somehow. People tease her and her friends even when they tell them to stop they never do. She just brushes it off though, every now and then the comments the boys make get to her. She apologizes all of the time because she feels like a burden to everyone.


Wren was a beauty, but she could never see it, she saw herself as a monster who everyone secretly hated. Who everyone just pretended to be nice to. She’s scared of her friends too. She’s scared of everything. Today we say goodbye to Wren Holloway, she is no longer with us and has returned to the bottom of the earth, she is with the trees and the ocean. Her dreams fill the sky, and touch the water. She stretches across the mountains to the plains. Sadly we say goodbye to Wren Holloway, and hello to her sister, Elizabeth Holloway. Welcome to Earth, we hope you enjoy your stay, and show the humans that sadness is a dangerous thing, and love is even worse.


The author's comments:

I was having a rough time and was sad while writing this, but I guess that's when the best pieces are written.