A Good Life | Teen Ink

A Good Life

Life. The word can be a good word or a bad, a happy or scary, a meaningful or wasteful word, but a word or action none the less. Good on the other hand puts a warm, happy picture inside our heads, but what does happy really mean? Does it mean fame and fortune? Or, Proud and truth? The answer that I believe is correct is truth can mean many different things. Truth as in telling the correct answer as in the opposite of a lie, or knowing truth in your heart that you are doing the right thing and applying the action of creating happiness in other and in a personal, but highly rewarding, way for yourself. Happiness comes in many forms. Happiness for others and yourself, the happiness in the future for others and yourself, and even happiness in yours and others past. The second definition of truth shares the same passion as the definition of happiness’, the want and determination to have, and being thrilled by happiness and truth in your heart and soul.

What can we do to have the heart and soul be thrill with this passion? How can we help others and make them and ourselves happy? One thing you can do is stay positive, always find the good things in all situations. By staying positive you will be in a good mood. This good mood will come off of you and onto others. Have you ever done something for a person in your community and afterwards you felt good about yourself? This is a great feeling to have. You feel important, responsible, and most of all happy. This feeling makes you want to keep working hard and helping others. Volunteering is a great way to help others. If you go to a nursing home and help the residents there, not only are you helping them feel better, you are making yourself feel better also.

If you are too busy to volunteer all you have to do is walk around with a smile on your face. A smile is worth a thousand words. Smiling at someone makes them happy. Happiness is the key to a good life. A good life is a great thing to be proud of. If you are having the greatest time of your life, share that with others, make them feel they way you do. Make them want to change their ways and have the time of their life starting now, and all it takes is a simple smile or a simple “Hello”.

Always remember, you can change the word one little step at a time. Even if your life seems to be turning upside down, remember that life has many obstacles, but so does a playground, that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun.