Are You Okay?

"Are you okay" they ask me. I smile or nod or just say a simple "yes" as my reply, even though I am uncertain of how I feel. I don't know how I feel, or even what to feel anymore. It's not exactly my choice as it was before. Because if I'm sad, everyone acts like they would like to know why. But if I'm happy? No one looks me in the eye, genuinely, and says "I'm proud of you". Instead, it is a false compliment or statement, along the lines of "Oh..that'" I don't expect praise by any means, I just wish support, genuine support, could be more common. For example, if someone is happy, try and be happy with them. And not a "oh yeah that's cool" happy or a statement with pure sarcasm. But a "that's so great!" happy statement. So, I must ask... Are you okay? Are you okay with whom you're around, and who you are? Are you okay with your life so far and where you've ended up? If not..try and do better. Try and be the person that you would like to look up to and hold significance. Be the best you that you can possibly be and embrace the good things that make