Appearance | Teen Ink

Appearance

By haydinthomas BRONZE, Malakoff, Texas
haydinthomas BRONZE, Malakoff, Texas

Appearance is everything (to a Person’s Identity)

A person’s appearance has no part of influencing their identity. Wait! That can't be true! Appearance is a major impact on identity, because the way one may look or dress can show their personality, which one may tell by appearance.

A person’s worth is determined in part by how they see themselves. In the song Scars to your Beautiful by Alessia Cara, she states,”,”“You’re beautiful just the way you are.” And she also says, “Nobody’s better than the you than you are.” Beauty comes in different sizes, styles, and,others may see it differently from you.

A person’s relationship with others and trying to be like others. May also shape their Identity. ”We wait all these years to find someone who understands us, I thought, someone who accepts us as we are………….who can bring us happiness in spite of trials, who can face our dragons in the night, who can transform us into the soul we choose to be………………….” this quote, which was said by Richard Bach, describes how one may depend on others and try to be like them to shape their identity for them.