Love Yourself | Teen Ink

Love Yourself

By Akosua10 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
Akosua10 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

Love yourself. Don’t rely on other people to be your source of happiness. Be your own sunshine.  People will come and go in your life. They can hurt you in many different ways, but don’t let those people have such control over you. Don’t let them permanently dull your shine. Sometimes you have to do stuff for your own personal benefit. Smile even when it hurts. Learn to love yourself through your flaws, because your flaws are what make you, you. Don’t let yourself go through the unimaginable in efforts to make someone else happy, because you can’t keep hurting yourself just so the other person doesn’t hurt. You can’t ignore the state of your mental health in efforts to please someone else. You have one life to live and live it the best way you can. Make yourself a priority no matter how selfish it can make you feel because you are the priority. You matter. You deserve better. You deserve to smile and laugh till your sides hurt. Stop being so focused on others happiness and be focused on your own. You are worth it!

I hope that people will begin to find happiness and love within themselves.