Fake News | Teen Ink

Fake News

By BrooksSheppard BRONZE, Midlothian, Virginia
BrooksSheppard BRONZE, Midlothian, Virginia

Dear Media,

What you are doing is wrong and sickening; it is twisting and manipulating people's views and opinions to benefit you and give you more control over the good people of America.

Because of you, people with a cloudy perception of the truth accuse the people of lying when they call you out for what you are deceiving, suppressors.

I was watching the news the other day  when I heard one of the newscasters accuse president Trump of being racist (“Trump defends Western civilization – and media call it racist” - Fox News), so I decided to do some research. The media was calling Trump a racist after his speech praising the polish for their resistance in World War 2 and used it as a model for other countries fighting existential threats. They also called him racist because of his travel restrictions; When the restrictions are targeted at countries that the Department Of Homeland Security says “fail to share sufficient information with the U.S or have not taken necessary security precautions”. All legal immigrants are welcomed to enter our country as long as they can be proved to not be intended to harm our country. CNN and other news networks are influencing the Americans beliefs due to twisted truths outputted to them.

If you read this, I hope you will change your mind next time before you twist and mold  the truth to fit your own agenda.

On behalf of all of the people who agree with me, we call you out for your mistakes and hope you will change for the better of our nation and the world by reporting the truth/facts in an unbiased manner.