Kindness Counts | Teen Ink

Kindness Counts

By ashley.beaty BRONZE, Palm Desert, California
ashley.beaty BRONZE, Palm Desert, California

My goal in life is to spread kindness. There are so many terrible things going on in our world today. We hear about it on the news, we have family involved in/or witness to accidents. Some people hate on other because of the way they learned to speak, the color of their skin, their appearance, or who they choose to be attracted to. This is certainly not ok and this hate should be stopped immediately.

In our world today we are surrounded by negativity.  Social media is sometimes used to spread hate. We can send messages to anyone all over the world. It’s too bad that some people choose to send hateful messages to people they’ve probably never met. Cowards who sit a computer and deliver these negative ideas should instead reach out to try and help others. With global warming and climate change the people of this planet could spend their time more wisely working together to solve real problems rather than creating hateful ones.

We do not have to be the way we have become. We must start with random acts of kindness. I know I feel great when I receive compliments from my friends and it really boosts up my confidence. If we could show love to everyone, even if it is just a smile or a simple “hello,” think about the impact all seven billion of us on earth could create. It would truly make our world a better place.

Along with compliments, we should learn to forgive the ones who have hurt us and learn to not waste your personal time on holding grudges. Of course this maybe a challenge for some people but isn't that what life's all about? Being able to experience new things and grow as a human being! The mistakes our friends and us have made would be broken down, forgotten, and extraordinary friendships will be formed. 

If no one puts a stop to this crazy madness what will my children have to go through?  What about my childrens children? What is going to happen to America and the rest of the great big world if no one speaks up? Silence is not the answer to any of this. Change needs to start with courage. Courage to be a leader and not a follower.  Courage to express your own beliefs and respect the beliefs of others.  Courage to stand up to those who spread hate and put other people down. Courage starts with support. Support from your friends when you stand up for something good. Support other groups even though their ideas maybe different from yours. Imagine if everyone respected each other. This world is big enough for all of us.

I maybe a young and naive thirteen year old but I know enough to see that all these troubles can be solved if we stand up as one. One day, we will end all war, put a stop to bullying, slavery and every ounce of negativity. I will keep on boosting up others until the day I die and make sure I am remembered for making a difference in our beautiful extravagant world.

I am stating the truth about what I think is wrong with the world. I want to be able to share it with others. I want to be one who makes change. 

chacha said...
on Oct. 24 2017 at 11:14 am
I love that dear
Am going to share your story .