It Was Her

One night I dreamt about you. Shyly you looked me in the eyes and asked, “How do you know?” Taking one long breath I began to explain that things are just different with you. I have never in my entire life had these feelings before. It is a feeling of being scared and excited, with a bit of pleasure mixed in. Some dreams do come true, though, as you must know. For me, this dream I speak of is true. When I see you my body trembles with joy and my heart beats wildly in my chest. I’m always surprised to find out that no one around me can hear my heart beating so loudly. Not wanting to say the wrong words to you, I sometimes just sit back and observe you. Like the way your eyes literally shine, how your nose adorably moves when you say certain words, or how kind and loving you are to those you care for. You make me want to be a better person: to do what is best for myself. But in all honesty, you are what is best for me. When I am around you, my true self comes out and it makes me feel great to know that I am able to be the real me when you are around. On September 17 I started to write about you. Sure, I wrote poems of love. But embarrassingly enough, I mainly wrote down special little things you would say and facts about yourself that you would reveal to me. I do this because you are someone that is so extremely special to me that I never want to forget these things about you. That’s how much you mean to me. There is so much I could write down of how much I feel for you. But I am afraid that I do not have the time, the paper, nor the writing ink to do so because there is so much! Maybe you do not even need me to write it all down. You have a way of knowing what I feel anyways. But know this– you are the hope and the future I have always dreamt of and need. I want you to stay with me forever. To laugh, cry, create, love and live with me for the rest of my life. For the first time in my life I can say that I truly know myself and I know that I love you, --------. I will always love you, forever.