Patriotism Is a Lifestyle | Teen Ink

Patriotism Is a Lifestyle

Stand proudly for the Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem. Understand, to the fullest extent, of the daring sacrifices our courageous and honorable men and women who make and have made history. Show appreciation to every veteran or active military personnel.

The American dream isn’t handed down. Each and every American has the chance to earn and live the dream few fought and died for.

Traditional pale white house with the constant whooshing of the willow trees in the front yard, a restless and enormous back yard, with the still wet untouched white picket fence. A devoted wife by my side and several children horsing around our knees.

It’s our job to stand for those that now lay in a solemn, eternal rest at Arlington when the Anthem that has given much faith and hope plays. Each and every American should get shocks in their body as they stand to face the symbolic flag that waves freely in the crisp and choppy wind.

Every American, no matter color, race, or religion, should look into the beloved stars and stripes and see the power and commitment this country has shown, the faces of the men and women who fought and built everything we know and hold dearly.

This piece shows my appreciation for this great nation we live in.