Negative Effects of Being Negative | Teen Ink

Negative Effects of Being Negative

By kfuller BRONZE, Meridian, Idaho
kfuller BRONZE, Meridian, Idaho

Many people tend to radiate negativity all the time. Whether they are negative about politics, their job, their debt, or anything else most people have a hard time seeing the silver lining in situations. Instead of always being negative, people should focus on the positive things in life. First of all, if someone is always negative, the people around them are going to be affected. The people around the negative person are most likely going to get annoyed with all the negativity the person is putting out. Secondly, if one is always negative, they are more likely to become depressed. If someone is depressed, they are more likely to be alone and not have friends. They can also become suicidal. This is not a road meant for anyone to go down. Lastly if someone is always negative, they can influence the people around them to be negative, too. If everyone around a person is negative they are going to become more negative themselves. Although, sometimes it's hard to focus on the good things in life, doing that is going to help everyone in the long run. To conclude, being negative all the time is not good for anyone and instead being positive is the thing to do!