Problems | Teen Ink

Problems

By Andrew11111111 SILVER, Overland Park, Kansas
Andrew11111111 SILVER, Overland Park, Kansas

Difficult problems are one of the very few things that seem to limit people in their everyday lives. However, if we take a  closer look as to why we have such problems, and why they seem to occur so often, we would then realize that many of these so called “problems” sprout from the ever more brilliant mind. None of the problems that you encounter arise without a solution. If we spend some time to indulge in the human mind and how it processes (or perceives as i like to word it) our every day lives, we will then stumble upon the simple yet hidden fact that we seem to create most of our problems ourselves. Not only do we create such disastrous events, but we attempt to prognosticate the outcome of them even though we were the creators of them in the first place.

Now, not all problems sprout from the human mind. On the contrary, a superfluous quantity of our problems also arise from the people and settings which become our matrix. The key to understanding how to deal with these problems is to understand that no matter what, the problem will usually solve its self or just simply disappear. That doesn't mean that I'm saying you should simply just drop all your problems and move on. Its more of a proposal… Think of it this way, no matter what the problem is or how bad it may appear on the surface, theres always an answer. In knowing that, it makes the problems simply insignificant and small. Just as all problems are.

Lets go through an example. You're at your friends house and you end up breaking his window. Keep in mind this is when both of you were messing around. Your friend looks at you with a rather superior, daunting gaze. You explain to him that it was just an accident even though he was there participating. if it were the other way around, and your friend broke his window the mood would be greatly altered. Say he just wants you to go home because he wants to explain to his parents of what seems like a serious situation. you arrive home with nothing but shear guilt and remorse on your mind topped and tested with a bit of fear of the outcome. Your friend later calls you and you hesitate to pick up but you do. The phone feels heaver than the object that you broke his window with. You begin by saying “So What happened” (in a rather worrisome tone) He replies “Ohhhh no biggie, My mom was going to replace them anyways!”… You see how much energy would have been taken out of you if you worry about it all day? You're making the problem more than it really is.

Lets say his mom wanted you to pay for that darn precious window. It comes to a total of “$57.79”… Even after paying for it (which is the right thing to do) you will feel way better as well as making it water under the bridge. Now, we all know that problems don't just include a broken window. However the concept is basically the same. Being that this is an example to where the problem didn't originate from the human mind.

Many people in todays society are suffering from anxiety. Its not fun. It has a lot more side effects than just feeling anxious and nervous. You may start to think excessively of things that could go wrong or be potential problems. This is where people become so railed up in problems that it seems their journey wont end. I'm here to say that you never even went on a journey to begin with. Sure you can think of potential problems but are those real life situations? Focus on the present and not the future. Whats the point on focusing on any time frame but right now. You WILL distract yourself so just embrace time as it comes and tangle each obstacle as you arrive at it. Theres always a way to do anything.

true