My Thanks to a Veteran | Teen Ink

My Thanks to a Veteran

March 6, 2017
By edvorak13 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
edvorak13 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,

 

You haven’t heard it enough. You will never hear it enough. And that is why I’m writing today to say thank you. Thank you for your bravery, your courage, and your strength to fight for my freedom.


Although mine may just be another one of the many letters you have received in regards to your service, I want you to know how truly thankful I am of your bravery, courage, and strength, to give me the life I have today. 
My name is Emily Dvorak and I am a senior in high school. I start my day by throwing on high end clothes, eating a nutritious breakfast, and slamming the door behind me as I head to school. I’m not going to lie—I despise waking up early and sitting in class for seven hours straight. But I am thankful I get to do so because I know millions of kids throughout the world don’t have that opportunity. I will be attending Northern Michigan University next fall, and without your bravery, courage, and strength, I would not have the freedom to pursue any career I desire.  And for that reason, I cannot thank you enough.


Lacrosse is what gets me through life. But why do I need a sport to get me through life? I’m spoiled I get the opportunity to play the sport I love, especially for another four years after high school. I am spoiled I get to go on vacation. I am spoiled I get to go to school. I am living life. I am living The life, the life I sometimes take for granted. Without your bravery, courage, and strength, I would not have a roof over my head, food on my plate, and family and friends supporting me.


I am living the American Dream. And that is all because of you. Thank you so much for your service to this country and to me.

 

With much respect,

Emily D.
 


The author's comments:

I hope when people read this they will truly realize how blessed they are and understand the circumstances that our soldiers went through for us to have freedom.