Are We Living? (Get Worried) | Teen Ink

Are We Living? (Get Worried)

February 8, 2017
By MissChaucer BRONZE, Punxsy, Pennsylvania
MissChaucer BRONZE, Punxsy, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Keep your heart on fire and your mind on ice.


We take so much time calculating our every step, and watching our feet, that sometimes we trip over our rules and regulations of how things should be or how we think they should be, and we regress. Forgetting how to actually put one foot in front of the other and walk. Or worse, we lose that sense of childhood and innocent fun that we all had once upon a time. We solemnly walk, heads down, without even looking up to see the world around us, let alone the jumping and skipping and running we used to enjoy so well. I’ve always admired people who don’t lose their sense of childhood fun, because I fear that I lost mine long ago. So much of our lives are geared towards the future. You go to school, you get good grades, so you can go to more school and get better grades, so you can get a good job, so you can make good money, so you can provide for the family you may or may not have, so you can retire and watch your kids be happy and go to school so they can repeat the process you’ve just lived. Our lives are so calculated. Can we live in the moment? Can we just be without worrying about living in the moment? Can we let everything go and just live, without wondering what tomorrow will bring, without worrying about the past, the future, or this beautiful present? Can we just be and breathe and live?