The Feeling of Familiarity | Teen Ink

The Feeling of Familiarity

By Pinkfield10 GOLD, Kathmandu, Other
Pinkfield10 GOLD, Kathmandu, Other

"It is only with the heart that one can see what is right."

Whenever we look at a normal house on a street or a normal place where we've never been before, we see it from the viewpoint of a stranger. We never think that the house or the place might be seen from a different viewpoint by a person who has spent many years there. Similarly, whenever we see the house we grew up in, we naturally feel warm inside. What I mean to say is: To people who grew up in a particular house, the house becomes a place of fond memories. But to strangers the house is nothing but a house.

Our viewpoints towards different things are different. We react warmly to the things or places familiar to us. But we never stop once to wonder what different people think of the things familiar to us. Your beloved  house where you spent most of your childhood might be just an old house for a stranger. The same goes for you. A plain, dusty street might not mean anything to you. But to a beggar who has begged and slept in the same street for years, the street might be his home.

So the next time you pass an unfamiliar house or a street, don't just observe them with unfamiliarity. Always remember that the places or houses unfamiliar to you can be important to other people. When you get this idea into practice, you'll  feel reconnected to the feeling of humanity. After all, this is one small world and what other humans feel matters to every human. Humanity is what binds us all together and that's why we need it. 

It is piece of writing in which I've tried my best to explain a fact that matters alot.