Community Service Within Yourself | Teen Ink

Community Service Within Yourself

By MicheleAlmenas BRONZE, Ossining, New York
MicheleAlmenas BRONZE, Ossining, New York

300 years of experience… and even before then-- this way of being, thinking and living changed people’s lives. Before paper, computers, or phones were even invented this secret was alive. But what is it? How do I find it? How do you use this spectacular philosophy? You have to want to know it and you have to be dedicated to it. It’s always around you and you never even knew it. It’s always working, it’s working right now. Only some people are ready to know and accept the secret. You must be willing to grow and make a change in your life by changing the way you think. By doing this in a positive way it makes your life a better place and the overall world a happier place for you. Think about it. Helping your community out with a homeless shelter is nice but what about something everyone can do? Literally everyone can think their world into a better place. It all starts with positivity and being grateful. If you feel like there’s nothing in your life to be grateful for than think about things that put you in a good mood. Maybe that’s your favorite food, maybe it’s a puppy or your family. Whatever it is be grateful that it exists and is there to make you feel better. Feel grateful for it. Taking these steps and practicing them creates a better life for everyone and their community. Try it yourself.

Teen Ink Community Service Award.
How you can tribute to your community.
Been around for awhile and has many other wonderful contest to enter on their website.

I'm very passionate about this concept and with a heavy heart I hope you will grow to love it as well. Thank you.