Beyond Our Eyes | Teen Ink

Beyond Our Eyes

December 14, 2016
By cheese-n-bacon SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida
cheese-n-bacon SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida
7 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Till are one


Have you ever taken a moment, just a small moment of your life and asked yourself: What is everyone else doing at this very instant? Not even just the people around you; but perhaps maybe the hunting wolves amongst the wild, or the eccentric children of Africa halfway across the globe! One might even ponder what the rovers in space may have uncovered. There are so many things going on right now that us, being humans fail to see because were too caught up in advancing our knowledge in technology that we miss a chance to see how the natural world slowly evolves right in front of our very own eyes.


Right now, as we sit around looking upon our devices somewhere in another galaxy an entirely new solar system could be forming. A baby is born, a star is formed, a species is discovered, and the Earth still turns. Yet here we are. Living now, in a place where at every second of everyday of our entire lives we focus on ourselves and nothing else. So, what if we have eyes in the sky? We still have to find out if there’s anyone out there who is watching back. When did we really start falling apart, is an even better question. Quite frankly, it’s amazing of how much we truly see and how much we notice and just pass on as an optical illusion.


We’re so caught up in the fear of who’s going to bomb who that we’ve forgotten about us. Our world revolves around making technological advances for the betterment of ourselves, that we don’t realize the so many other more important things that are going on at once. We’ve forgotten about the immense quantities of people out there who don’t have a roof to sleep under and even more who can’t replenish their desire to eat. So, while we kick back and take life for granted, there are children and adults just like you and me who have to deal with the constant harassment of discrimination, inequality, segregation, and hunger every single moment of their lives.
Thus, there is a lot to wonder about at any given moment. There is also the possibility of thinking of the future and then the past; comparing the two and of course adding in the present, seeing how they all add up. In a way, they even each other out. The world around us and beyond us is full of suspension and queries that we may never be able to come to a full view of clarity on. Even though we cannot solve world hunger as of right now, we still have lots of chances to turn things around for the greater good. We just have to learn how to make the right twist turns no matter how big a hole in the road. Although we can truly never have the ability to see everything as it happens, it’s always nice to know that there is more to life than what we see in front of us.