Destiny | Teen Ink

Destiny

December 13, 2016
By PJ-Skittles GOLD, Pittsfield, Illinois
PJ-Skittles GOLD, Pittsfield, Illinois
14 articles 0 photos 1 comment

“There is no sign of intellegent life anywhere.” As I turn my head, I look upon the eyes of todays youth, tomorrow’s society, Always wondering what the world will come to as these immature eyes and hands look upon the open world and spread their knowledge. As I sit here in the classroom I can hear Billy talking to Sue, Jacob talking to Sally, and the clatter of Timothy laughing with Molly. I’ve witnessed more relationship break-ups in the last hour then I have in the last year. “Today is the day.” said Molly to Tim, as she handed him the note of a lifetime, the one he often dreamed about. Mr.Johnson looks upon the adolescent crowd with utter amazement, laughing silently in his head as he knows no bounds. The sound of pencils striking themselves onto the soft paper, minds wandering, meanlessly from place to place as they put their knowledge to ink, just as the cavemen and Indians did on the clay walls. All the adolescents, all at once just waiting, for the “sound.” The sound of happiness , soon to come, the sound of being free, the sound of life hitting a young, invincible man in the face, waking him up to the realization of the modern day society we know today to be true, Timothy sitting alone in the back of the class, as he hears the sound of “life”, Some of us choose not to socialize not because we are sad or depressed, but for the simple fact that we are wise enough to recognize our goals in life, and we know not to let people get in the way of us and our goals, don’t let people trying to get more followers and likes come into your life, it’s silly and in the end makes father time a bit uneasy. If you want your bank account to look like a phone number you must have level headed people in your life.The sound of life is different to all of us, we’re all trying to find our way. Some of us succeed to become our destiny, others of us lose our way, all caught up in ourselves, and not knowing whether to turn left or right at the crossroad of life. Perhaps we have no destiny, the word implies that it is something to be fullfilled, yet it is not.


The author's comments:

This is for the person who sits and stirs at the thought of becoming their "Destiny"