A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Gender Inequality | Teen Ink

A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Gender Inequality

November 11, 2016
By Lexiwalker BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
Lexiwalker BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

FOR PREVENTING THE ESCALATION AND LONG TERM PERPETUATION OF GENDER INEQUALITY


It is a melancholy object to those who travel this great world and see the triumphant males, and the lesser dominant females who struggles to stay afloat in this life while being encumbered with inequality.  Instead of being able to accomplish boundless opportunities these women are restricted by cruel ropes of  superiority  that is automatically given to the males. This so called gender role that exists permits problems and stereotypes to roam around freely, and without malpractice or iniquity.  This problem, if not addressed now will cause our society to disintegrate and our founded hope torn apart making us the nation not united and never the less divided.

 

I think it is agreed by all parties that the life-threatening occurrence of gender inequality is at its highest and most potent and it should be at the top of one self's priorities to find a elucidate solution  for the issue at hand. Whether it be a metaphorical bandaid to help and diminish the problem to a mere trickle instead of a demolishing flood. This problem could at the flip of a coin turn into a problem of considerable size if left unintended by us.  


But my intention is far from being confined to provide only for the betterment of our society, and world as a whole. When this problem is elapsed there will be a greater fellowship between the opposite sex, when allowing there to be an equal contingency between all. This abolishment will also allow the whole world to also become united because of the relationship we all share with equality.

 

As to my own part, I have studied the proposals of other projectors, and concluded that they are not nearly as efficient as they claim to be. Many of them have little to no urgency when it comes to implementing effective solutions. The concern of the issue is not extensively shared thought different cultures, societies, and people. It is reckoned that by the year 3000 that the world will be totally and utterly biased when it comes to males versus females that women will have no choice but to have the same living style and role a 1950’s lady.


I will now present my own idea, which I hope will not be subject to any disagreement between opposing people.

 

I humbly offer it to public consideration that humankind as a cohesive and cooperative unit should make it so the male sex does not have any right that females were not allowed during the time period of the 1850’s-1960’s. This also includes any roles and or stereotypes that were placed on those individuals at the time being.

 

In this scenario women will be able to catch up and be absolutely equal when it comes to their rights and what they are able to do. In my proposal I believe that for approximately 160 years women should be given the upper hand when it comes to everything and men will have to live the way that we did in the past. That means that they can’t vote, can have barely any rights, have to submit to given roles, and are totally powerless when compared to women.


Of course this first step will allow a door of recuperation to open for every female on this planet. It will allow women to for once have the upper hand in politics, professions, wages, and many other important things that we are disregarded in today’s age.

 

These drastic and sudden changes will implement  drastic changes that’ll cause betterment toward us and our world. But these steps will be hard to imply to everyday life in the sense that we will need total and complete support from all major parties. It is a very viable possibility that no one will want to participate in the evolutionary solution.


I can think of no valid objection that may be introduced to antagonize this proposal unless it be to say that man will never go along with this plan, because their stubbornness will not permit them to do so. If this be the case then the stubbornness that mankind has inherited may be the absolute and total downfall of peaceful life as we know it! These action(if implemented) will cause our society to thrive and prosper once again and will allow for men and women to feel completely equal there will be no rivalry or unfairness only justice and peace will govern the everyday.

 

Again, no one should dare to suggest these notions to me until they have a small spark of hope that these actions may be implemented.

 

It is not that I do not respect the input of others on the subject of solutions to this topic, but simply that  I have spent what millenniums researching this very fragile and twisted subject and have come to the outcome that my solution may be the absolute best one out there, if not the greatest ever composed to help comply to this most salient issue at hand.